Hosting the high school state tournaments has proven to be a significant economic boost for our Casper area economy, while at the same time providing many intangible benefits for participants, supporters, and the community. Benefits, that while often measurable, certainly go beyond quantifiable impact.
By the Numbers
Each event brings high school athletes, their families and friends, officials and supporters from all over Wyoming, where they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on lodging, dining and entertainment. The revenue generated during these tournaments helps local businesses and hotels thrive by providing a much larger customer-base than the population of Natrona County.
WHSAA 1A/2A BASKETBALL
WHSAA 3A/4A BASKETBALL
2018 Economic Impact Data Regarding State Culminating Events in Casper
Beyond the Numbers
As important as the economic impact on Natrona County, there are valuable intangible benefits students and our community receive by hosting the Culminating Championships that are lasting and impactful!
- Unforgettable experiences with friends and family
- Highlight of high school careers competing at a high level at collegiate and professional venues
- Scholarship opportunities
FOR THE COMMUNITY:
- Community-wide effort that brings the community together, working towards a common goal,
- Promotes Casper-pride, offering a chance to showcase our city state-wide and show how welcoming and friendly our community is
2018-2019 Event Attendance